How to Start a Coaching Business
Build Your Coaching Business
The best way to learn how to become a business coach is to be coached by someone who has already built a successful coaching business.
I successfully transformed decades of marketing experience into a career in business coaching, strategic planning, and leadership development. It wasn’t easy—and I definitely made some mistakes along the way. Now, I’m eager to share my experience and expertise with up-and-coming coaches and consultants who want to strike out on their own, just like I did.
Jay Hidalgo's Business Coaching Program
Build your coaching business and learn how to become a business coach with one-on-one training from Jay Hidalgo, successful business coach and entrepreneur.
Meet Jay Hidalgo
For 20 years, I was known as “a marketing guy.” I knew how to generate leads, establish a brand, and help companies increase revenue.
But something happened several years ago. In the quietness of my soul, I heard, “It’s time to stop building companies, and time to start building into people.” It was at that point that I began pursuing a coaching practice.
In 2013, I took the plunge and launched my own business and leadership coaching company. I’m not gonna lie—it wasn’t easy at first, and it took several failures to get it to the point it is now. However, in less than a decade, it’s now a thriving business. If I knew then what I know now, it would have taken a much shorter time. Now, I'm ready to share what I learned with those who want to follow the same path.
7 Personal Training Sessions with a Business Coach
I am now offering seven one-hour sessions of one-on-one coaching with people who are interested in starting their own coaching or consulting company. We’ll cover important topics such as:
- Finding your niche: What is your focus? What problem are you trying to solve? Why does it matter? Together, we’ll discover what only you can offer as a coach or consultant.
- Creating an ideal target customer: Who is your focus? What are the problems or frustrations that prompt them to come to you? If you don’t know who you want to work with, you’ll struggle to position yourself as someone who is uniquely qualified to help them solve problems.
- Learning how to act with your first client: It can be nerve-wracking to figure out how to behave with your first real client. It’s important to know how to act like you’ve been there before to show you’re deserving of your client’s trust and confidence in you.
- Setting up your business: Starting your own business isn’t as easy as registering a domain name on the internet. I can help you make sure you’ve dotted your i’s and crossed your t’s when it comes to setting up an LLC, a business bank account, and more.
- Determining a fee: There is no shame in charging for your skills and expertise. As Saint Paul of Tarsus once wrote in a letter to his friend Timothy, “The worker is worthy of his wages.” Whether you’re nervous to ask for payment or eager to start racking up profits, I can help you determine an appropriate fee for your services.
- Creating an online platform: These days, your company might as well not exist if it doesn’t exist online. From building your own website to starting social media accounts to offering your services via online video, I can help you figure out how to use the internet effectively for your business.
Sign Up for My Business Coaching Program
Eager to get started? Fill out the form below:
Coaching for Coaches
This coaching is ideal for coaches at a variety of stages in their career, whether you are:
- Just exploring: Interested in the idea of coaching, but not really sure what it would mean for you and your career? I’m happy to sit down with you and share my experiences so you can decide if this opportunity is right for you.
- Getting started: Have you already set up an LLC for your company? Maybe you’ve started a website or already ordered some shiny new business cards. If you’re just getting started, my coaching program can help ensure that you start off strong.
- In need of advice: Maybe you’ve been at this coaching or consulting gig for a while now. I often meet with coaches in their first year of the business who aren’t sure why their lofty plans just aren’t working. If you’re having trouble finding clients or making sales, I can help.
One-on-One Business Coach Training at an Affordable Price
Where and how you spend your money is highly important in the first stages of entrepreneurship. When you’re just beginning (or you’re trying to figure out why your startup is flailing), you want to make sure you get the most bang for your buck.
That’s why I strive to be upfront about the cost of my services. I offer one-on-one coaching for coaches and consultants for just $3500. This affordable price covers:
- 7 one-on-one sessions: These sessions are live, one-hour meetings in which I will personally guide you through the process with the tools and resources I have developed along the way. You won’t be stuck in the back of some classroom with ten or twenty others who have different goals and concerns than you. Instead, you’ll get dedicated, personal sessions each week in which we can discover your specific needs and answer your specific questions.
- 24/7 email support: I’m always available to offer guidance and support over email. Even after your sessions are over, I always prioritize my former clients.
Get Started Today
Start with a Free Discovery Meeting
Interested in learning more about how my business coaching program can help with your career goals? I offer a free, 30-minute discovery session so you can decide if this program is right for you—no commitment necessary, no strings attached. Let’s schedule a chat today.
Setting Up a Coaching Business: What to Consider
It takes a lot to start a successful coaching business. Here are just a few things to consider before taking the plunge:
- Do you have the heart of a coach?
- What financial model will you use?
- How will you prove your credibility and expertise?
- Which services will you offer?
- What do you need to do legally to set up your new business?
- What will your brand identity be?
- How will you market your business?
Get Professional Guidance from a Business Coach
You shouldn’t have to answer these questions alone. Sign up for my free 30-minute discovery meeting, and we can discuss how you might find the answers to these questions.
Want To Learn More About